Earlier todayÂ we released the WordPlurk pluginÂ and while beta testing I was asked by one of our community members and customers if we could make one for Indeti.ca. I did a quick test and modifying the plugin was easy enough for Identi.ca.
If your not familiar with Identi.ca then like Twitter it is a micoblogging site. The one key separator about Identi.ca is that the code is open source and runs on a distributed system. This means if you wanted to start up your own server you could. I did find the web GUI for Identi.ca to be a bit confusing and there is no end user GUI like twhirl for it yet.
- Download the WordIdentica zip file.
- Unzip and upload the file and folders to your WordPress plugins folder.
- Activate the plugin in your Admin section.
- Set your username and password in your Admin section.
- Next time you post to your blog it will update toÂ Identi.ca automatically for you.
This plugin currently works with WordPress 2.6 and lower. It also requires for curl to be installed on the server. If your host does not have curl installed please ask them to install it.
WordIdentica Development and Problems
You can view theÂ WordIdentica codeÂ if you wish to see how to it was designed and make modifications. If you find a problem post it in the comments and we will try our best to help you resolve it.