Up until now the easiest way to add a job board to your blog was toÂ use a serviceÂ like JobCoinÂ but your visitors had to pay to post jobs. If you were a ProBlogger you could have a custom job board scriptÂ built for you. Thanks to our staff now you will not need to worry about that. You can add a job board to your site now just by installing our BlueFur WordPress Job Board script.
- Download the zip file.
- Unzip the files and upload them to a folder where you want the job board.
- Create a MySQL database, a user for the database and add the user to the database.
- Open the jobs.mysql using notepad and do a Find & Replace for jobs.bluefur.com with your own domain where the job board will end up. Be sure to save the file before proceeding to the next step.
- Using PHPmyadmin import the jobs.mysql file into the database you just created.
- Edit your wp-config.php file to use the database name, database user and database password that you created above.
- Login to to the wp-admin (yourdomain.com/somefolder/wp-amin/) with username: admin and password: password.
- Update your admin login details and change any settings you require.
Weâ€™ve decided to make thisÂ script Open Source and release under the GNU General Public License version 3. This means you can download the script and use it how you want.
I am thinking that an ecommerce version would be a good add-on for this script. You could then charge people through PayPal to post a job.
Post any problems you have in the comments.
This download is no longer available.