It’s been just under a year since we brought the forum back online. Today we achieved a milestone of 1000+ members. Thank you everyone for being aÂ part of our online community and we look forward to havingÂ another 1000 forum members join this year.
Congratulations to this weeks geekÂ Matt who pulls further intoÂ the lead.Â This weeks questions are:
- Who owned Crystal Reports prior to Business Objects?
- What largeÂ tech company started in 1986 in Surrey, BC?
- What Burnaby, BC based tech company was bought by Kodak in 2005?
- What Richmond, BCÂ based tech company makes Realtor Software?
- What popular gaming company is based out of BC?
Wikipedia defines PageRank (PR) as…
PageRank is a link analysis algorithm that assigns a numerical weighting to each element of a hyperlinked set of documents, such as the World Wide Web, with the purpose of “measuring” its relative importance within the set.
If you use the Google Toolbar as I am sure most of you do you will see a little PageRank icon when you visit a site.
Does a sites PageRank effect your buying decision to buy?
We currently have a PR ofÂ 0 but I am going to predict that we will be at a PR of 5 when the next PR release is completed. It should be coming very soon if you are also waiting.
I think our current 0 PR hasÂ affected some peoples buying decision negatively, but but since I can’t survey non-customers, it’s difficult to know for sure.
I do know that a PR doesÂ affect my buying decision. How about you?
I will also make a few predictions onÂ what the new PR will beÂ for the followingÂ 3 top bloggers.
Current PR 7
New PR 6
Current PR 6
New PR 6
Current PR 4
New PR 6
Any predictions on your PR after the update?
Another cartoon created by creativeÂ geniusÂ Matthew Schmoll.Â
If you have an idea for a future comic or would like toÂ submit your ownÂ BlueFur cartoonÂ let us know in a comment.
We have been blogging for some time nowÂ and have started seeing a trend in the industry. We believe there is a market for Managed Blog Hosting. There are other hosts, ourselves included,Â who willÂ provide hosting that isÂ 100%Â do-it-yourself.Â YouÂ do everything yourself to getÂ your blog going and maintain it.Â Then there areÂ those who areÂ not comfortable with a DIY blog.Â Â For peopleÂ still trying to understand how to getÂ their blog online, how to installÂ plug-in’s, how to make a custom theme or whoÂ fear upgrading, managed blog hosting is a good fit.
We see managed blog hosting being a excellant choice for both personal and business bloggers.Â The personal bloggers who would like to monetize their blog butÂ are not tech savvy and theÂ businesses that have an online presence but don’t have the personel to manage their blog and integrate itÂ into theirÂ site design would see a huge benefit withÂ this service.
We have created 3 plans to meet the needs of these uniqueÂ groups.Â All of ourÂ blog plans include the space and bandwidth you will need to start blogging and more.
- Our Basic Blog planÂ managed service includes WordPress installation, Plug-in Installs and WordPress Upgrades.
- Our Personal Blog plan includes the same managedÂ service offeredÂ in the Basic Blog planÂ and adds aÂ custom theme for your blog so that your blog is individualized andÂ not a carbon copy of thousands of other blogs.
- TheÂ Business Integration Blog plan consists of the same basic service in our Basic Blog planÂ in addition to a custom theme that integrates and complimentsÂ your current site look into the blog.
We feel that this is a unique service in the market today. If you are a current customer and would like to move to this plan, please email email@example.com.